Apprenticeships are designed for young people who do not wish to continue in full-time education. They do not cost you anything because they are funded by the Skills Funding Agency (SFA) and are available at two levels:
- Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)
- Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)
They allow you to work at your own speed gaining valuable experience and practical skills for the workplace.
An Apprenticeship will give you the chance to do real work and earn real pay. They are nationally recognised programmes designed by industry to equip young people with practical skills for work.
An Apprenticeship will also give you the opportunity to work towards qualifications that will help you progress in your chosen career by improving your long-term prospects.
An apprenticeship is made of a framework which must be completed. A framework consists of:
- National Vocational Qualification (NVQ)
- Functional Skills
- Technical Certificate
An NVQ is a national work based qualification, which acknowledges the skills you use in the workplace.
Assessment is not by examinations but by generating evidence through the work based route to prove your competence.
Functional Skills are a range of essential skills valued by employers. The five Functional Skills are:
- Information and Communication Technology
- Working With Others
- Improving own Learning and Performance
A Technical Certificate is incorporated into an apprenticeship and provides a strong foundation to your chosen career and vital underpinning knowledge for your NVQ.
- We will work with you to find out which career suits you best and identify your training needs.
- We will work with you to help you find employment where your skills are matched to the company.
- We will arrange your interview with the company.
- We will identify your college placement and develop a personal training programme for you.
Why not apply online or contact us for more information